Permits are required for home improvement projects, including but not limited to the following: concrete flat work, building additions, basement and interior remodeling, replacement of windows, water heater, furnace and central air conditioning, siding, roofing, decks, storage sheds, fences, electric and swimming pools.
Mandatory inspection categories for new buildings:
- temporary electric service
- permanant electric service installation
- foundation (stone, footer drain and downspouts)
- elevation of foundation walls
- rough mechanical, plumbing and electrical
- rough framing
- base and form work for driveways and sidewalks
- prepour for concrete flat work
- final building inspection
- final property grade inspection
Building fees for new homes are based on the number of square feet of each component.
A sanitary sewer permit is required from the Medina County Sanitary Engineers for all new buildings.
Also, a permit is required from the Medina County Health Department for all food service uses.